Click Here To Download Your Egyptian Recipes For FREE
learn how to make a traditional middle eastern dessert "the ghoraiba" are butter cookies that are part of the Egyptian culture.
the ingredients that you will need:
– 2 cups all purpose flour
– 1/2 cup powder/icing sugar
– 1 cup butter (room temperature)
– pinch of salt
-using a whisk or an electric mixer start by beating the butter then add to it the powder sugar mix until well combined.
-switch to spatula, add one cup of flour and a pinch of salt then mix until combined
– add the remaining cup of flour and mix and all the flour is incorporated in the dough
(don't over mix your dough or else the cookies won't be as soft)
– shape them into balls of any size you wish
– pop them in a 340 degrees preheated oven for about 10 min.
– we don't want them to take any color whatsoever they should remain white, so keep an eye on them. once you move the cookie sheet and they move with you then they are done. don't over bake
try it and ENJOY 🙂